To improve your workplace safety, health and productivity by:
• Engaging in a positive, evidence-based quality improvement initiative
• Reducing worker, visitor and client / consumer exposure to environmental tobacco smoke
• Strengthening compliance with Work Health & Safety and Workers Compensation legislation (see the ‘Legislation Fact Sheet‘).
• Embedding and communicating sustainable change through organisational policies and procedures
To improve your colleagues’ capacity and confidence to manage tobacco by:
• Modelling and promoting healthy behaviours to colleagues, visitors and clients/consumers
• Engaging workers to better managing tobacco and smoking behaviours
• Supporting workers to manage tobacco withdrawal at work
• Building the confidence and competence of workers to undertake tobacco related interventions
To address the disproportionate burden of tobacco-related harms by:
• Prioritising tobacco and recognising its disproportionate effects on people experiencing disadvantage
• Becoming a part of a health and community sector led campaign to address health inequalities related to tobacco in the ACT
• Demonstrating internal organisational and cross-sectoral leadership on the importance to managing tobacco in our services
To download the content of this page, click here.
To download the Legislative Requirements, click here.
Last Updated 14 February 2014